The Tony Adderley Scholarship – $1,000
Brought to you by the Law Offices of Tony Adderley
The Tony Adderley Scholarship was created to provide an undergraduate or graduate college student with student government leadership experience with funds to help pay for his or her college education. It is Mr. Adderley’s hope that this $1,000 award will help a highly deserving college student to fulfill his or her educational dreams. Therefore he is delighted to offer deserving applicants the Tony Adderley Scholarship, which began accepting applications on April 25, 2016.
This is a $1,000 annual scholarship which can be won by an undergraduate or graduate student in any field of study. We always strongly encourage minorities to apply for immediate consideration.
Scholarship founder Tony Adderley adds this: “My law firm is particularly interested in applicants who have a background in student government, especially those who have officer experience in student government. I encourage all well-qualified applicants to submit their applications today.”
Tony Adderley Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Would you like to be considered for this $1,000 scholarship? Please review the following requirements:
- You must either be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You are a part time or full time student in an accredited, US undergraduate or graduate university. Community college students also accepted.
- You did not have a salary higher than $35,000 in 2016.
- You possess an active email address.
Essay Topics for the Tony Adderley Scholarship
All applicants for this $1,000 scholarship must complete an essay in one of these areas:
- How has serving in student government readied you for a successful college and/or professional career?
- What was the most challenging situation you dealt with in student council – either personal or professional – and how did you resolve it?
- What was a particularly difficult problem in student government and how did you use your leadership skills to solve it?
- What are some strategic methods of making a college education affordable for everyone?
- What have you done to be a positive influence on someone younger than you and how do you think that will affect his or her future?
How to Submit Your Scholarship Application
The competition for this $1,000 scholarship is intense, so it is important that you follow these submission instructions:
- The essay must be 100% your own work and should pass Copyscape.
- It must contain no grammatical or spelling errors.
- It must be provided in a Word document with 12 point serif type.
- It must be at least 1,000 words and no more than 3,000 words.
Video Essay Alternative
Are you more verbally and visually oriented? We encourage students who wish to be creative with their essay to submit a video version if they like. Please submit your video to the email address provided later on this page. Your video should have high video and audio quality, and range from 3-10 minutes long.
Please review the application instructions below:
- Review eligibility requirements.
- Choose a topic for your written or video essay.
- Complete the essay and submit it to the email below.
- Please share your written or video submission on social media.
- Check your email address often after the contest closes; we will inform the winner by email.
- All essay submissions for this $1,000 scholarship should be sent to the following email address: [email protected] Please give us your name, age, telephone number, and city/state of residence.
How We Select the Winner
The winner of the Tony Adderley Scholarship will be chosen within a week of the submission deadline.
How You Are Recognized
Winning a scholarship is a big deal, and we will be sure to share the news of your achievement on our website. We will feature your name, biography and photograph.
We would like to stress how important it is that we are featuring you on our corporate website. Our site receives many thousands of visitors each year and having your profile featured prominently there is a major asset – one that you should utilize fully! Share the link to this webpage on your social media channels. Add the link onto your resume under Achievements. Be sure to mention the scholarship web link on your future college and job applications, as well.
Tony Adderley Scholarship Application Deadline
Please submit your application until June 1, 2017.
If you have further questions about the scholarship, we would like you to send us an email to: [email protected] Use this as your subject line please: “Tony Adderley Scholarship Inquiry.” Thank you for your interest and we look forward to your participation.
Are you interested in this scholarship? We would love to hear from you and any questions you may still have. Please write us at: [email protected] using this subject line: “Tony Adderley Scholarship Inquiry.” Thank you.
Commonly Asked Questions:
If I win, how will I receive the scholarship?
Certified U.S. mail.
Can I submit more than one entry?
No. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
Will my video be judged negatively if it is not 10 minutes long?
No. Videos need only meet the minimum requirement of 3 minutes. If you are able to convey your response to the topic in 3 minutes, that is acceptable and it will be judged only according to the content.
Do I need to cite the sources I used for my essay?
No. Essays are not required to include a works cited or references page, however, a plagiarism audit will be conducted. Only original works will be accepted.
- It is a general rule of thumb when conducting research to keep track of sources found and used. However, as part of applying for the scholarship, we do not require each submission be accompanied by a works cited page but, we do require each applicant keep and maintain an accurate record of sources used.
What if I want to revise and re-submit my entry?
If you submit your essay early and later want to revise it and re-submit, you may do so as along as it before the deadline, June 1, 2017. Or, if you accidentally send an older draft of your essay and realize it later, you also may re-submit before the deadline. 1 resubmission per applicant.
What if I don’t have an e-mail address?
If you do not have an e-mail address, there are free services available to you i.e. Yahoo and Gmail.
If you have any additional questions, e-mail them to: [email protected] with the subject “Tony Adderley Scholarship Inquiry.”